I’m very honoured to have been nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger award by twelveweeketernities, thank you. I haven’t been blogging for all that long because a) I didn’t know how (and I’m still learning!), b) I didn’t have the emotional strength to put my experiences in to words until now and c) I was worried that people might think it was somewhat ‘indiscreet’ to air so much of my blood and tear stained gynecological linen in public.
I’m glad that I have started blogging, though, as I have found the process very cathartic and I have also discovered a wonderful community of inspirational and supportive people out there in the Blogosphere. Thank you, one and all.
Below is my list of nominees. I know that many will already have been recognized, but a little more appreciation won’t hurt So, in not particular order:
To accept this award, here are the things you need to do:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven fun facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So, seven fun facts about me…
1. I enjoy wild swimming and swimming outdoors and swimming. Did I mention I like swimming?
2. I baby my cats like a crazy cat lady in the making.
3. I am fascinated by religion and philosophy (even though I am not religious). I teach the subject and also organize a philosophy in the pub group.
4. I like my steak medium rare, but I was a vegetarian for 10 years.
5. I have traveled the full circumference of the earth twice, once taking only two weeks to complete the trip.
6. I have slain zombies in a dis-used shopping mall. It turns out, in a ‘survival’ situation, I’m a ‘lone wolf’ type, not sticking with any particular group of survivors, but forming transient allegiances as I go. Who knew?!
7. I have done a sky-dive with 50 seconds freefall. It was awesome, but once was enough!